Buying beautiful garments is a thing...but make them stay beautiful is challenging after washing these beauties over and over... The less chemicals your laundry detergent will have, the best will stay your clothes, with no harmful substances dropped into our wastewater in extra. Two benefits you say? Additionnally, making your own detergent is also good for your skin, your wallet and it's extremely easy. The result?
DIY laundry detergent 5 - 0 supermarket detergent
Now, you know what to do!
To make 2L of your own potion, you will need:
- 100 g of soap (without glycerin). We found Marseille soap scraps with Olive and Coconut oil - no palm oil)
- 2L of water
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- Essential oil (lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus etc.)
- Cut the soap in small chunks
- Heat up the water and add the soap
- Stir until completely dissolved
- Remove from the heater and add the baking soda, stir
- Once it's reached below 40°C, add 20 drops of essential oil
- Rest and fill reusable jars after 1h.
Add 1 cup to your laundry, and eventually some vinegar for your whites. Your own laundry detergent can be stored for a few months.